New York Studio School of Drawing, Painting and Sculpture



View Larger Map
The building is located at 8 West 8th Street, in Greenwich Village, Manhattan.
The New York Studio School of Drawing, Painting and Sculpture (building) is a collection of homes built around 1838, which were purchased by Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney first for a house and gallery. In 1936, she had it converted into the first building for the Whitney Museum of Art, which later moved uptown. It is currently occupied by the New York Studio School of Drawing, Painting and Sculpture.
The New York Studio School of Drawing, Painting and Sculpture building was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1992.