The Fillmore at Irving Plaza


View Larger Map
Irving Plaza is a 1,200-person ballroom-style music venue at 17 Irving Place and East 15th Street in New York City, New York. Built in 1888, the three-level auditorium has served as a Polish Army veterans' headquarters, a Yiddish theatre, a burlesque house (ecdysiast Gypsy Rose Lee stripped here), a union meeting hall, a theatre, and a rock venue.

Ron Delsener took on management in the early 1990s. Live Nation, a spinoff of Clear Channel Communications, renovated and reopened Irving Plaza under the name "Fillmore New York At Irving Plaza" on April 11, 2007, reviving the name of the former Fillmore East in Manhattan's East Village - a venue that was open from 1968 to 1971.. However, in May 2010 Live Nation conceded that the new name had not caught on and due to "unrelenting demand" the name "Irving Plaza" would be restored as from June 23, 2010. A replica of the original marquee has been commissioned.