Brooklyn Historical Society Building


View Larger Map
The Brooklyn Historical Society Building is a National Historic Landmark building at 128 Pierrepont Street in Brooklyn Heights Historic District. It was designed by George B. Post and constructed in 1881 for what was then named the Long Island Historical Society, which became the Brooklyn Historical Society in 1985.
The Brooklyn Historical Society Building National Historic Landmark designation was obtained in 1991.
The building underwent a major, multi-year restoration that began in 1999.