Church of the Divine Unity
The Church of the Divine Unity was a former Unitarian and Universalist church located on the east side of Broadway between Prince and Spring Streets, SoHo (Manhattan). The Church of the Divine Unity was built in 1845 and likely transferred to American Unitarian Association after. 1854. Subsequently it was adaptively reused as an art gallery, then an office, and finally was demolished sometime before 1866.
(prolific diarist George Templeton) “On August 6, 1866, Strong observed ‘another material change in the aspect of Broadway:’ ‘Taylor’s showy restaurant” had become the office of the American Express Company, and Capin’s Universalist Church, which had been serving as an art gallery, on the east side of Broadway between Prince and Spring Streets, was demolished. Strong, neither an apologist for the past nor a dedicated futurist, took a fatalist view: ‘So things go. Let ‘em go!’